Disaster Restoration is an emergency business. When disaster strikes your home or business, immediate response is necessary to minimize damage, keep cost of restoration as low as possible and restore peace of mind. That's why ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton in Sterling, Virginia is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are trained, equipped and ready to restore your home or business after any disaster, from water in the basement to fire and smoke damage in the kitchen. During the drying process we are able to do specialty drying on such items as documents, prized heirlooms or something as common as carpet in order to restore these items back to pre-loss conditions. We handle jobs as large as your entire home or as small as a single room. )
When water strikes, we work hard to get you and your family's lives back to normal. At ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton our professionals use advanced products, procedures, and equipment to assure the highest level of cleaning performance and protection for property and furnishings.
Fire and Smoke Damage
When fire turns your life upside down, we will be there to help you pick up the pieces. Even when the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic and when burned it can create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable.
The professionals at ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton understand the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. We can even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpets; thus helping to avoid additional expenses. Our goal is not to hide your smoke problem, but instead to make it like it never happened.
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton has the right solution for whatever the disaster may be. Some of the special damage recovery services we offer include:
♦ Structure drying
♦ Document drying
♦ Deodorizing service/odor removal
♦ Board-up service
♦ Debris removal service
♦ Pack-out and storage service
Water disasters can be especially damaging on carpets and floors. At ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton we understand that fast, on-site carpet and wood floor drying is critical in the restoration process.
Here's what our professional staff consider when drying carpet:
- Age and condition of carpet:
We use industry resources to help determine the exact value of carpet. If a carpet is so old that it is a better value to replace than attempt restoration, we'll let you know what makes the best financial sense
- Length of time carpet was exposed to water:
Most carpets can withstand water for up to three days, but immediate response to your loss is critical. In most cases WE are able to be on site within a couple hours.
- Type of water:
Types of water affect the restoration process.
- Clean water: Water from a clean source with no debris.
- Grey water: Water that is not necessarily clean but is not hazardous (washing machine and dishwasher overflow, for example).
- Black water: Sewage backup or runoff water. These losses are hazardous and should be handled with caution
Here's what The professionals at ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton consider when drying wood floors:
- Wood floors are very sensitive, so proper drying is critical.
- Wood naturally holds water—up to 10% depending on the type of floor.
- Wood can absorb another 5% to 10% without showing any noticeable effects. Within a few days, however, floors that cannot hold the water any longer will expand, causing cupping or crowning. Both are very difficult to restore.
- Emergency response is critical for any damage to wood floors.