Within hours after disaster strikes, water damage and bacteria growth can begin. Increase your chances of a complete recovery by calling ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton in Sterling, Virginia as soon as possible.
To help ensure a successful restoration, there are a few things you can do while you wait.
What to do:
- Call ServiceMaster of Centreville/Clifton,Ashburn,Herndon immediately.
- Remove as much water as possible yourself, by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or removable floor coverings. Do not attempt to remove wall-to-wall carpeting yourself.
- Be sure no draperies are touching the floor. Loop over curtain rod using a coat hangar or whatever is available.
- Wipe off furniture, prop up furniture cushions and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings, etc. to a safe, dry location if possible.
- Do not remove books from shelves. But, be sure they are packed tightly together to prevent warping until a restoration professional can use their specialized method of drying.
- Open drawers, closets and cabinet doors to help enhance drying.
What not to do:
- Do not enter a room with standing water in it until all electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not attempt to lift tacked down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances when carpet or flooring is still wet.
- Do not touch or disturb any visible mold.
Brand names are registered trademarks of The ServiceMaster Company and
its affiliates. ServiceMaster Clean and ServiceMaster Restore services provided by independently
owned and operated franchises and may vary depending on location. An independent business licensed to
serve you by ServiceMaster Clean.
©2000-2014 The ServiceMaster Company. All Rights Reserved.